Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fun with Audacity

Before we go, we're required to prove that we have some idea how to use a few pieces of technology.  For this small assignment, I used the free, open-source audio editing software Audacity to make a radio/podcast sounding piece.  I was testing out a USB voice recorder that I bought, so what I say is mostly nonsense.

Click here to listen to my 40-second audio clip

OR


Click here to listen to a piece I made for a media workshop plan for a library (I talk about my middle school boyfriend!)

I love radio.  I really do.  I don't know where I'd be without NPR, and I had the distinct pleasure to work on the show To the Best of Our Knowledge at Wisconsin Public Radio.  I was doing archival work, but I sure learned how to use audio software.  I mainly worked to create a searchable online archive, which you can explore at any time.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment