Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Hills of Connemara

You should click the video below to listen to The Hills of Connemara recorded by Gaelic Storm as you look at these photos.



Check out the mist over those mountains!  And here's one view of the lovely Tully Cross.



That's right, Tully Cross has real thatched roof cottages.



Ireland: an island that contains lakes that contains islands.




And this right here is the Atlantic Ocean - incredible!  I walked there from the Wallace house.




The Connemara countryside is really amazing.  Later in the week, Melissa drove me through an area just south-east of Tully Cross.  The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, and the mountains towered above us.  The road wasn't carved out of the mountains, like the interstates of the U.S., but rolls, dips, and bends with the land.  Riding in a car going about 40 kilometers an hour was like riding a roller coaster!  That was a day when my camera batteries had died, so I don't have any pictures.  I hope the memory of that car ride never leaves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment